Lebanese President Joseph Aoun on Saturday accused Israel of undermining diplomatic efforts to stabilize the country after the latest deadly strikes on Hezbollah positions.
Lebanon’s Health Ministry said 10 people were killed in Friday evening’s attacks and 24 injured, including three children.
Hezbollah said eight of its members and an Ethiopian domestic worker were among the dead.
The Israeli military said Saturday it had killed several Hezbollah members responsible for rocket fire, claiming the Iranian-backed group had recently been planning attacks on Israel.
According to the army, the targets were command centres in eastern Lebanon.
Eyewitnesses said the struck buildings were completely destroyed and nearby houses damaged. Civilians were reportedly injured by flying glass.
Among the dead Hezbollah members was a high ranking military officer, who was identified by Hezbollah as Hussein Yaghi. Funerals were set to take place in the Bekaa Governorate in eastern Lebanon later on Saturday.
President Aoun called on international partners to pressure Israel to halt the attacks and prevent further regional escalation.
Under US sponsorship, Israel and Lebanon recently held talks aimed at reinforcing the ceasefire and advancing toward a lasting peace. The two countries remain officially at war.
The latest conflict ended with a ceasefire in late 2024 that included the phased disarmament of Hezbollah.
A key deadline expired at the end of last year, however, and the group has so far refused to disarm.
Tensions have since risen, with both sides accusing each other of violations. Israel alleges Hezbollah is rearming and has continued near-daily strikes in Lebanon, causing casualties.
The Israeli military, in a statement released on Saturday, said it remains committed to the ceasefire agreement.

